Recruiting Science Fair Sponsors!
If you are interested in being the Science Fair Sponsor, please let your principal and Kris Rodgers know.
Your responsibilities for being the sponsor.
- Advertise the Osceola County Science and Engineering Fair (OCSEF) at your school to encourage students to participate. We will send you a flyer you can post at the school and share with teachers and students.
- Email math, science, engineering, STEM, and gifted teachers so they can encourage their students to participate.
- Have all interested students complete the online form showing their intent to compete by September 3, 2023. Registration Form
- They can compete in the school/district fair only OR they can plan to compete in the state fair as well. They will need to indicate this in this form. They should decide this with their parents.
- The state fair (SSEF) is in Lakeland, FL on April 4-6, 2023.
- If they win the state, they can attend the international fair (ISEF) in Dallas, TX on May 13-19, 2023.
- Ensure all students who are interested know where to find the fair rules online and how to fill out the required forms for entering.
- Students must have their project approved by their sponsor (you) before they can begin their project. You, as the sponsor, will be the person approving their project idea. If you have questions or need help with a project, you can email Kris Rodgers for support. Familiarize yourself with the rules so you will be able to approve the projects.
- Check in with students along the way to ensure they are keeping on track with deadlines. You do not have to grade anything along the way, just ensure they are on track to meet the deadlines.
- Depending on the number of students participating, arrange to have a school science fair prior to January 20, 2023. Kris Rodgers or Cynthia Long will be able to assist with this if needed.
- Your first-place winner for each category or your top 3 students overall will attend the OSCEF to be held on February 8, 2023.
- If you only have one person from a category, that person will automatically advance to the OCSEF.
- Submit your School Science Fair date to Kris Rodgers by November 4, 2022. I will try to attend as many school fairs as possible.
- Submit paperwork for all student/team projects advancing to the OCSEF to district by January 27, 2023. I will set up a TEAM to collect all the paperwork.
Timeline for Events and Deadlines
- August 2022 – Recruit students!
- September 2, 2022 – Send school sponsor/teacher name to district (Kris.email@example.com)
- September 9, 2022 – Student deadline to give you their research plan/project summary (paper) for your approval. Once you approve their project, they will complete the next step.
- September 16, 2022 – Student Registration Form deadline to complete online. Remind them of the date.
- September 30, 2022 – List of Students/Teams due to District, include their project idea. Include the title if they know it.
- December 4, 2022 – Deadline to send School Science Fair date to district (Kris.firstname.lastname@example.org)
- January 20, 2023 – Final date School Science and Engineering Fairs can be held.
- January 27, 2023 – Deadline to send winning student/team information to district (Kris.email@example.com)
- February 8, 2023 – Osceola County Science and Engineering Fair (OCSEF) Location TBD based on the number of projects.
- April 4-6, 2030 – State Science and Engineering Fair (SSEF) in Lakeland, FL
- May 13-19, 2023 – International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) in Dallas, TX