Statewide Parent Meeting for Emotional/Behavioral Disability (EBD)The Multiagency Network for Students with Emotional/Behavioral Disabilities (SEDNET) Administration project, in collaboration with local SEDNET projects, is hosting a statewide parent meeting through Zoom on March 9, 2022, from noon to 1 p.m. EST. The focus of SEDNET is to support areas related to EBD in the community and school and serve as a bridge to help connect families in the community and school. SEDNET can offer supports and professional development in the areas related to EBD. Some of those areas are trauma, understanding emotions, emotional regulation, understanding behaviors, and learning about local and state resources. The learning segment for this meeting will address the understanding of behaviors and emotions in the context of relationships and some quick ideas for parents. In addition to a learning session, there will be a question-and-answer segment. This session is open to parents, families, foster families and those who have an interest in supporting EBD. To log into the meeting, go to https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83926098680?pwd=eTlzeVpxc3RGb2dxM1lmQUJ2aTJoZz09. For more information, including the meeting identification number and the passcode, see the attached document.
- Center for Autism and Related Disabilities (CARD) Toll Free 888-558-1908 or 407-737-2566 www.ucf-card.org
- Autism after 16 is a site devoted to issues impacting the live of adults on the autism spectrum. www.autismafter16.com
- Family Network on Disabilities of Florida https://fndusa.org/. Orange, Seminole, Osceola, 1-800-825-5736.
- FDLRS Action Resource Center Workshops, information/technical assistance, resource lending library, technology labs, newsletters and events calendars: http://www.fdlrs.org/ – 800-356-6731.
- Multiagency Network for Students with Severe Emotional Disturbance (SEDNET) firstname.lastname@example.org or 407-897-2460.
STATE & NATIONAL:
- FloridaKidCare Health Insurance for children MediKids, Florida Healthy Kids, KidCare Medicaid, CMS Network http://www.floridakidcare.org/ or Toll Free 888-540-5437
- Resource Materials & Technology Center for the Deaf and the Hard of Hearing or Visit https://www.rmtcdhh.org 800-356-6731
- UCF 2020 CARD Events