- Student may attend full-time or part-time depending on program availability.
- Osceola County public high school students are provided tuition, lab fees, and textbooks free of charge. Some programs may require additional supplies not covered by the School District. Dual Enrollment students will be informed of any costs associated with their program of interest during orientation.
- Students receiving transportation to and from their home high school will follow a typical high school schedule (i.e. early release on Wednesday)
- Some programs will not be completed within their dual enrollment timeline. In these cases, program completion will require enrollment as as adult student.
- Some programs require students to complete a drug screening test and federal law enforcement background check before engaging in clinical and other learning experiences off-campus.
All Dual Enrollment acceptances are based on the following criteria:
- Student must be a junior or senior
- Minimum 2.0 unweighted GPA
- Student meets minimum graduation requirements at the time of application
- Student demonstratesmastery on FSA exam during 10th grade OR hhas produced an appropriate concordant score on the SAT or ACT exam OR has an official FSA waiver from their high school
- Student must have minimal attendance issues (i.e. tardiness,absences, skipping class)
- No level 3 referrals or higher within previous 6 minths
- History of satisfactory academic progress
- TABE test required within the first 6 weeks of start date (to be taken at oTECH)
Jennifer L. Aviles
DE Coordinator/College & Career Counselor oTECH
(SCHS, HHS, TKHS,GHS,ZHS)
407-344-5080 ext. 15236
College & Career Counselor PATHS & oTECH
(LHS, PHS,OHS, OCSA, CHS)
407-344-5080 ext. 15305
Ready to apply?
Students interested in enrolling into the dual enrollment program at Osceola Technical College must apply through their high school councelor. The councelor or the student must submit a completed dual enrollment application by the deadline.