Media Center Policies
Media Center Materials Checkout Policies
- Students can check out up to 3 books at one time.
- Books are kept for 2 weeks and can be renewed once for an additional 2 weeks.
Media Center Rules
- Quiet voices.
- No food, drinks, or gum allowed in the media center.
- Student who come to the media center during the day without their teacher must have a pass.
There are 12 computers in the media center that can be checked out and used for school purposes only; projects, research, word processing or other class related work. Computers may not leave the Media Center.
Fines are not charged on overdue books; however, if a student has more than 3 overdue books, he/she will not be allowed to check out another book until the overdue books are either returned or renewed. If a student loses or damages a book, he/she is responsible for paying for the book before another book can be checked out.
Using the Library: What do I need to know?
Coming to the Library
- Students are welcome to visit the Media Center
- before school (6:50 – 7:20)
- during class, with a pass from your current class teacher.
- All students must sign in by scanning the QR code or signing the sheet.
- Students who come to the library during lunch time must stay in the library the entire lunch period.
Checkouts, Renewals, and Overdue Books
- Books (fiction & non-fiction) can be checked out for 2 weeks.
- Reference books are to be used in the Media Center only.
- Materials can be renewed as many times as needed unless another student has placed a hold on the book. To renew a book please come to the library circulation desk and ask to renew the book.
- Three books may be checked out a time. Please be respectful of our community and check out what you can be responsible for taking care of and returning.
- Fines are applied to a student account for lost or damaged books.
- If a book is not returned or renewed 6 weeks after the initial checkout date, the book will be marked as lost and a fine will be charged to the student.
- Fines may prevent a student from checking out additional materials.
- If fines are not paid by the end of the school year or before graduation, students will be placed on the OBLIGATION LIST.
Monday 6:50 am – 2:20 pm
Tuesday 6:50 am – 2:20 pm
Wednesday 6:50 am – 1:20 pm
Thursday 6:50 am – 2:20 pm
Friday 6:50 am – 2:20 pm