Will my child receive a diploma as a home education student?

Posted by:

No.  School districts, adult high schools, and community colleges are not authorized to award a regular high school diploma to home education students. However, a home education student may take the General Educational Development (GED) test at an education center and be awarded a Florida GED diploma if the student receives a passing score. The toll free number for information pertaining to the GED is 1-877-352-4331.