- Students may attend full-time or part-time, depending on program availability.
- Osceola County public high school students are provided tuition, lab fees, and textbooks free of charge. Some programs may require additional supplies not covered by the School District. Dual Enrollment students will be informed of any costs associated with their program of interest during orientation.
- Some programs will not be completed within their dual enrollment timeline. In these cases, program completion will require enrollment as an adult student.
- Some programs require students to complete a drug screening test and federal law enforcement background check before engaging in clinical and other learning experiences off-campus.
- February 21st-March 31st
- Any application received after these dates will be wait-listed. Applications will only be processed if there is seat availability in the program selected.
All Dual Enrollment acceptances are based on the following criteria:
Upon admission to the program, seats are allocated to Career Dual Enrollment Students on a FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED basis, taking into account the maximum classroom capacity and seat availability.
- Student must be a junior or senior.
- Minimum 2.0 unweighted GPA
- Student meets minimum graduation requirements at the time of application
- Student demonstrates mastery on FAST exam during 10th grade OR has produced an appropriate concordant score on the SAT or ACT exam OR has an official FSA waiver from their high school
- Student must have minimal attendance issues (i.e. tardiness,absences, skipping class)
- No level 3 referrals or higher within previous 6 months
- History of satisfactory academic progress
- TABE test required within the first 6 weeks of start date (to be taken at oTECH)
- Attend MANDATORY orientation as this is the final step in the admissions process, failure to participate in the orientation forfeits your eligibility.
Jennifer L. Aviles
DE Coordinator/College & Career Counselor oTECH
407-344-5080 ext. 15236
Ready to apply?
Students interested in enrolling into the dual enrollment program at Osceola Technical College must apply through their high school counselor. The counselor or the student must submit a completed dual enrollment application by the deadline.
Are you a homeschool student in Osceola County?
If you are a homeschool student interested in Dual Enrollment with Osceola Technical College, please read the information below.
Subsection (13) of Section 1007.271, F.S., states “each post secondary institution eligible to participate in the dual enrollment program pursuant to s. 1011.62(1)(i) must enter into a home education articulation agreement with each home education student seeking enrollment in a dual enrollment course and the student’s parent.”
Instructions for next steps to be completed by the student/parent:
Processing to be completed by oTECH & School District of Osceola County:
- Provide proof of registration in the Osceola School District Home School program for the school enrollment.
- Submit an application via this link for Career Dual Enrollment with oTECH: Career Dual Enrollment Application
- The Home School Articulation Agreement will be updated for the enrolling school year.
- The intake Form for the Home School Articulation Agreement will be submitted for processing with the district.
- Once the above documents are received, a meeting will be scheduled to review the Articulation Agreement for Homeschool Students with the parents, students, and oTECH.
- Once the agreement is signed, it will be sent to the Superintendent and the School District of Osceola County Board for final approval.