Jan-Feb Newsletter 2020 Spanish
Here is the school newsletter for January and February of 2020-2021. (Spanish)
Jan-Feb Newsletter 2020 English
Here is the school newsletter for January and February of 2020-2021. (English)
Parent Car Tag Request Form
Click here to print and fill out the car tag request form
Be generous with praiseObserve your child carefully and comment on the things that are done well. When you see an area that needs improvement, find a positive way to talk about it with your child.Encourage "personal best"Help your child by encouraging him or her to do the best in school and at home. Remember, "personal best" does not mean "perfect", and learning is not the same as high grades. Children, like adults, need the freedom to make mistakes and to learn from them.Make learning a priorityYour attitude toward school attendance, education and involvement in the school makes a strong and lasting impression on your child. Show your child, by example, that learning is a priority.Show interest in school work
- Talk about school each day.
- Ask to see classwork.
- Have your child read aloud to you.
- Read to and with your child from a variety of material in your first language.
- Encourage your child to discuss new ideas and opinions.
- Show appreciation for good efforts.
Offer suggestions for successHelp your child use the following strategies to improve performance in school:
Schedule study timeSet up an area for homework away from noise and distractions. Post a family calendar that schedules school project deadlines, after-school activities, mid-term dates, exam periods and report card dates.
- Read the assignment when it is given.
- Keep a list of new vocabulary.
- Proofread assignments to catch errors before writing a final draft.
- Review notes before a test.
School Payments Made Easy! Simply click on the link MySchoolBucks to sign up for the most convenient way to make payments right from your phone.