Media Center Policies
- Checkout limits: 3 for Students, 5 for Parents
- Loan Period: 1 week (renewals available)
- Fines: Students will only be fined for lost or damaged books
- Hours: 8:00 - 3:30 with PARENT, 9:00 - 2:40 during FLEX scheduling
Flex scheduling means that students, teachers, and parents may access the Media Center anytime during school hours. Teachers may choose to bring their entire class, send small groups, or send individual students to the library as needed.
Programs / Events
- Book It: Students earn Pizza Coupons for making reading goals
- Sunshine State Young Readers: Grades 3 - 5 participate in "kids choice" voting for their favorite book. Students can earn a spot on our Sunshine State Field Trip by reading and passing the quiz on 13 of 15 books during the year.
- Top 100 Readers: This "Wall of Fame" goes up after we get back from winter break. It lists the top 100 readers in our school based on AR points earned since day 1. Honorees recieve a TOP 100 ribbon to mark their achievement.
- Morning TV show: Responsible 5th graders are nominated by their teachers and selected by the media center to produce, direct, and star in the school's daily TV show.
- Reading Rocks Family Night: Usually in Feb, this event encourages reading and offers tips for parents to work with their children on reading skills
- Accelerated Reader: A computer program that quizzes students based on the books they have read.
- Bookfairs: We have 2 bookfairs each year that promote reading and earn money for our library. Proceeds go directly to new books and AR quizzes.