Horizon Middle School was chosen as an International Model PLC School by one of the leading K-12 educational professional development companies in the world, Solution Tree. We are only 1 of 250 schools in the country who have been given this honor. In order to be considered for this award, Horizon Middle School had to provide evidence of the following:
- Demonstrate a commitment to PLC (Professional Learning Community) concepts.
- Present clear evidence of improved student learning.
- Explain the culture, practices, and structures of the school.
- Demonstrate a shared understanding and commitment to the PLC at Work process.
- Demonstrate a culture of continuous improvement in our school.
- Describe the process that our school uses to create and implement a guaranteed and viable curriculum.
- Describe the strategies our school uses to monitor student learning on a timely basis.
- Share how we are creating and implementing systems of intervention and extension to provide students with additional time and support for learning.
- Explain how our high-performing, collaborative teams focus their efforts on improved student learning.
Our staff is dedicated to helping all children achieve at high levels and the PLC process has been the driving force for the way we work at Horizon Middle School.