AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) HeartCode
HeartCode BLS uses a variety of eLearning assets such as dramatizations, eSimulations, animations, self-directed learning, and interactive activities to teach students BLS knowledge and skills.
After completing the online portion, students attend a structured BLS Hands-On Session with an AHA Instructor. This session focuses on meaningful skills practice, debriefing, team scenarios, discussions of local protocols, and skills testing. Where available, students may also complete the hands-on session with a voice-assisted manikin (VAM).
HeartCode BLS is for healthcare professionals seeking an alternative method for completing an initial or renewal BLS Course.
- Updated science and education reflecting the 2020 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC
- Includes in-facility and prehospital tracks; student chooses his/her track before starting the HeartCode BLS Online Portion
- Enhanced learning experience through eSimulations, life-like animations, video scenarios, and knowledge checks
- Accessible version available for students with hearing, vision, and/or motor impairments on shopCPR.heart.org only.
- On the main page click on Courses
- Scroll down to BLS-Basic Life Support
- Press on 'Purchase' (the cost is $31.00) you will be prompted to create a log in (you must create an account in order to complete the course)
- After you finish Part 1, please print out your certificate of completion, then call us to schedule an appointment with one of our instructors to finish your skills portion Part 2
- Schedule your appointment by calling (321)624-0951
- FEE: $60