AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
AHA’s ACLS Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2020 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care. This course builds on the foundation of lifesaving BLS skills, emphasizing the importance of continuous, high-quality CPR.
This advanced course highlights the importance of high-performance team dynamics and communication, systems of care, recognition and intervention of cardiopulmonary arrest, immediate post-cardiac arrest, acute dysrhythmia, stroke, and acute coronary syndromes (ACS).
This course is for people in Healthcare Profession and is a more advanced course designed for Nurses, Paramedics, & Doctors. Applicant must have a current CPR /HCP certification and a working knowledge of basic life support & EKG. This class is a 2 day course, 8 hours each class.
- Course uses learning stations for practice of essential skills simulated clinical scenarios that encourage Active participation
- Hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Classroom-based works well for learners who prefer group interaction and instructor feedback while learning skills
This is a 16 hour course.
what you'll learn
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device, and use of an AED
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- Management of ACS and stroke
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
*These classes require a two-day commitment.*
02/12/2022 (Saturday) - 02/13/2022 (Sunday)
5/28/2022 (Saturday) - 5/29/2022 (Sunday)
Class Time: 8:00am - 5:00pm
*Book is required for course, and must be purchased prior to class. You can purchase the book for this course at ShopCPR.heart.org.
Book required for purchase: ACLS Provider Manual*
Registration & Contact Info
To register for this course call 407.343.8778 or 407.344.5080 to speak with a Student Services staff.