Virtual School Requirements
All Florida high school students are required to complete a one half (0.5) credit online course to graduate from high school.
If you pick a course with one segment, which is a one half (0.5) credit, like Driver Education this will qualify. However, if you pick a course that has two segments, like English 1, which is one (1.0) full credit, to qualify you have to complete both segments.
Online Course For Graduation
Osceola High School recommends that students complete the online course graduation requirement prior to beginning their Junior year. Students may enroll, free of charge, with Florida Virtual School. Students complete the course work on their own time and at their own pace.
Online Course Registration Instructions
Click here for step by step instructions and a list of available courses.
- Complete the "School Information" section carefully, as it is essential to receiving the course credit
- During the registration process you will receive a password; write it down; your password allows you to login to the course.
- After selecting your course notify your school counselor via email. You school counselor will approve the course, as long as you meet the enrollment requirements for the course.
Once the course has been approved by your school counselor FLVS will contact you via email and phone to begin coursework.
Recommended Courses to Meet Online Requirement
- Career Research & Decision Making
- Critical Thinking and Study SKills
- Driver Education & Traffic Safety
- Law Studies
- Life Management Skills
- Parenting Skills
- Peer Counseling 1
- Personal and Family Finance
- Social Media 1