Harmony Middle 1:1 Laptop Initiative
The goal of Harmony Middle School’s One-to-One initiative is to provide all students with the digital resources and skills needed to allow for creative digital collaborations between all teachers and students while engaged in academic work.
Once the student has received the laptop, students will need to bring their provided laptop back to school every day, fully charged, ready for class. The laptops will be filtered and monitored during school and home use. The students will also receive a laptop case. Internet hotspots are also available, but special circumstances apply. We are limited on the number of hotspots we have. Students are expected to ensure that all devices checked out for them are stored securely in their bag to prevent devices from being damaged.
Osceola School District Technology Equipment Fees
Technology Equipment Fee - Laptop Damage Not Covered Under Warranty:
(Please refer to the prices above)
Accidental Damage or Intentional Damage
Unreturned Laptop Fee: $350
Damaged/Unreturned Laptop Charger: Dell 3190 - $25 / Lenovo 500w - $33
Damaged/Unreturned Cases: $20
Procedure for Unreturned Devices
Unreturned fees are assessed according to the Technology Equipment Fee Schedule and billed to parents.
Devices deactivated and marked missing in district systems immediately
Police report filed if a device is unreturned or fees unpaid after 30 days from the billing date
Device Care Tips:
- Charge the device each night with it turned off.
- Charge and store on a hard surface so it does not overheat the laptop or block airflow.
- Keep laptop away from food and drinks, small children, and pets.
- Keep protective case on laptops and handle with care.
- Do not put stickers on the laptop and / or the protective case.
- Do not write down the laptop with sharpee, no drawings, including the protective case.
- Bring laptop to school fully charged every day.
- A case must be on the laptop at all times and have your charger with you.
- Only the student that the device is checked out to should be using it. Do not lend it out.
- Damages must be reported immediately - even if it is accidental.
- Lost/ stolen must be reported immediately, and a police report must be filed.
- Laptops are monitored at all times. Only use it for school appropriate tasks.
- Restart your laptop
- Confirm device is connected to the internet.
- Confirm device is not in airplane mode.
- Confirm that there are no Windows Updates waiting to be installed