Our mission as professional school counselors of Osceola County is to provide a comprehensive developmental Counseling and Guidance Program that is proactive and responsive and inspires all students to reach their highest potential.
- All students have dignity, worth and the potential to be successful.
- Growth and learning are developmental in nature; thus students learn through different means and at individual rates.
- The school counseling and guidance program is an essential and integral part of the overall educational process.
- Educational, career and personal objectives are achieved only when guidance is provided for all students/families.
- The School Counseling Program is successful when it is coordinated and incorporated as a part of the district’s comprehensive curriculum.
Professional School Counselor Role:
Professional school counselors are certified/licensed educators with the minimum of a master’s degree in school counseling and are uniquely qualified to address the developmental needs of all students through a comprehensive school counseling program addressing the academic, career and personal/social development of all students.
Description from the American School Counselor Association