Students have the opportunity to earn c0llege credits while in high school through Dual Enrollment programs. Click below to learn about the requirements for each program offered through Osceola Schools.
To qualify for Valencia Dual Enrollment students must meet the following criteria:
- Apply during Valencia's Dual Enrollment Application Dates (on Valencia College's Dual Enrollment webpage)
- A parent/guardian must complete their portion of the application by the listed deadline.
- Demonstrate “college readiness” by passing college placement exams (see the chart below for qualifying scores)
- Earn an unweighted cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Upon acceptance into the program, students MUST attend the SCHS DE orientation session
Students must maintain a 3.0 high school GPA and a 2.0 college GPA to remain in the program.
To Apply & Learn More: Valencia College Dual Enrollment Website
Qualifying Test Scores:
Test Section PERT SAT ACT Reading 106 24 19 Writing 103 25 17 Math: Intermediate Algebra 114 24 19 Math: College Algebra 123 26.5 21
To qualify for Osceola Technical College Dual Enrollment students must meet the following criteria:
- Student must be a Junior or Senior to participate
- Apply during oTECH's Dual Enrollment Application Dates (on oTECH's webpage)
- Have an unweighted cumulative high school GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Passed the FSA 10th grade Reading graduation requirement exam or equivalency
- Student must be on track for graduation and have no discipline issues
- Upon acceptance into the program, students MUST meet with their school counselor
Osceola County public high school students are provided tuition, lab fees and textbooks free of charge.Some programs may require additional supplies not covered by the school district. Students will be informed of any costs associated with their program of interest during orientation.
To Apply & Learn More: Osceola Technical College Dual Enrollment
To qualify for University of Florida Dual Enrollment students must meet the following criteria:
- Students must be a Junior or Senior
- Students must have maintain a 3.6 unweighted GPA or higher
- Students must meet the test score requirements for one of the three listed standardized tests
- Complete the application on the University of Florida Dual Enrollment webpage
- It is important to understand that all courses will be online
- Becoming a UF DE student does not help or qualify the student to be accepted to the University of Florida after graduation.
To Apply & Learn More: University of Florida Dual Enrollment Program
Qualifying Test Scores:
Standardized Test Composite Score ACT 22 SAT 1100 PSAT 1130