Community Service Information
How to Document Community Service:
Please provide the following:
- Who did the community service?
- What service was performed?
- When and where it occurred?
- Number of hours completed
- Signature of supervisor
Community Service at School:
Class of 2022 use the following community service hours form
Class of 2023, 2024 and 2025 use the following community service hours form
Community Service outside the school:
Please have the information on company / business letterhead
What are the requirements for community service?
- Students must perform volunteer services on their own time, which can include lunch breaks and after school.
- Fundraising for non-profit organizations or charities is acceptable.
- Service may be volunteered to the school and/or the community.
- Service may be performed for profit-making organizations ONLY if they are institutions like hospitals or nursing homes.
- Volunteer work for a religious or political organization will ONLY count as volunteer hours if, for example, your church youth group helps with the
- Special Olympics or the political organization promotes non-partisan activities, such as voter registration.
- Vacation Bible School and working in the church nursery are acceptable.
What does NOT count towards community service?
- Service rendered as a prerequisite for employment.
- Service performed for a student's family, neighbors, or friends or for profit-making organizations.
- Attendance at self-improvement workshops, conferences, or competitions.
- Service performed a s result of disciplinary action taken by the school or courts.
- Participation in Varsity or Junior Varsity athletics, or regularly scheduled band or chorus performances.
- Common activities such as acolyte, altar server, lay reader, church choir and clerical work for religious organizations.
- Any paid service
- Volunteer service work involving academic requirements for a class
*The above criteria will not cover all circumstances. If a question exists regarding the acceptance of an activity for volunteer service, the student's school counselor should approve the service prior to the student's participation.
Possible Volunteer Opportunities in the Community
St. Cloud Little League
St. Cloud Soccer Club Concession Stand
St. Cloud Hospital
Elementary and Middle Schools
Assisting Teachers at SCHS
Humane Society/Animal Shelter
Give Kids the World
Relay for Life
Gift for Teaching
School Food Banks