Why Do Children Need School Counseling?
- Children who understand their feelings are better able to control their behaviors.
- Counseling builds helpful thinking patterns and healthy behavioral habits.
- Attitudes and mindsets formed during the elementary school years will shape their future mindsets towards their educations, self, and society.
- Behavior Challenges
- Managing Emotions
- Stress Management
- Decision Making
- Familial Changes
- Grief and Loss
- Brief individual counseling
- Small group counseling
- Classroom guidance lessons
- Crisis intervention
- Consultations with teachers, staff, parents, and other stakeholders
- Coordination with outside therapists and counseling agencies
How does my student get referred to the counselor?
Students can see their Elementary School Counselor via self-referral, parent/guardian request, School Counselor request, and/or administrative, teacher and/or staff referral.
Miscellaneous Referral Services
- Mental Health Referrals for Outside Services
- Families In Transition
- Food Pantries
- Housing resources
- Wraparound Services
- Social Work Services
Click below to see my calendar and available time to meet!