My name is Ms. Badal and I am your School Counselor here at Central Avenue Elementary. My role as School Counselor is to help and support all students with issues that might be affecting their social-emotional health, personal/social interactions, and academics.
I offer support through a variety of avenues – individual counseling, small group counseling, and classroom guidance lessons. Through these avenues, I am able to offer guidance with:
- Promotion of positive attitudes within self and amongst peers, family, and the community.
- Assistance with the correlation between social-emotional well-being and academic progression.
- Teaching classroom guidance lessons that focus on important skills such as decision-making, conflict resolution, leadership, safety, bullying, and several other topics.
- Providing support during personal crisis.
- Helping to foster a safe and positive learning environment.
Why might you need/want to visit me?
- Trouble or issues with making friends
- Self-esteem support
- Feelings of sadness, anger, worry, frustration, etc.
- Getting along with others
- Being new to our school
- Moving somewhere else
- Bullying concerns
- Familial stresses or changes
- Organizational skills
- Honestly, anything else that comes to mind that you need support or help with!
Would you like to meet with me?
Ask your teacher to schedule a time or find me before school!