Dual Enrollment Information
Dual Enrollment Opportunities
Students have the opportunity to apply for the Valencia or oTECH Dual Enrollment Program twice during the school year (Fall and Spring Semester).
Please visit this link for more information on Valencia's Dual Enrollment.
Valencia Dual Enrollment
The Dual Enrollment (DE) Program provides an opportunity for qualified high school students to enroll in Valencia College courses while concurrently enrolled in high school. Student eligibility is determined by Osceola District Schools and Valencia College:
- Seniors or juniors must be 16 years of age or older
- Demonstrate “college readiness” by passing college placement exams (SAT, ACT, PERT)
- Earn a cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 unweighted scale
- Have the approval of the high school
- Have parental/guardian permission
Students earn credits toward high school graduation and their college transcripts upon successful completion of the course; high school credits receive an additional point weighting with a “C” or better final grade. Interested students should speak with their Guidance Counselor prior to registering for the next year. To register, students must bring a completed Dual Enrollment Application when selecting their courses for next year.
It is important to note that withdrawal from a dual enrollment course could adversely impact the student’s ability to graduate from high school in a timely manner, have a negative impact on the college transcript, Bright Futures and future Financial Aid. Withdrawal from 2 courses makes you ineligible to take courses the following semester.
Do you have what it takes to be a successful DE student? Take this quiz to find out!
Osceola Technical (oTECH) Dual Enrollment
oTECH provides students the opportunity to earn a certification at the completion of their program at oTECH.
Dual enrollment students may attend full-time or part-time depending on program availability.
Osceola County public high school students are provided tuition, lab fees and textbooks free of charge. Some programs may require additional supplies not covered by the school district. Dual enrollment students will be informed of any costs associated with their program of interest during orientation.
Some programs will not be completed within the dual enrollment timeline. In these cases, program completion will require re-enrollment as an adult student.
- Students must be Juniors or Seniors to participate in oTECH dual enrollment.
- Minimum 2.0 unweighted GPA
- Student meets minimum graduation requirements at time of application
- Student has successfully demonstrated mastery on the FSA exam during their 10th grade year or has produced an appropriate concordant score on the SAT or ACT exam or has an official FSA waiver from their home school
- Student must have minimal attendance issues (i.e. tardiness, absences, skipping class)
- No level 3 referrals or higher within previous 6 months
- History of satisfactory academic progress
- TABE test required within the first 6 weeks of start date (to be taken at oTECH)
Click the following link to apply to oTECH Dual Enrollment.