Interested in pursuing a technical or trade career?
Education programs designed to prepare you for a trade can take anywhere from 6 weeks to 2 years, depending on the field. Choosing the right technical/trade school for you comes down to the following questions...
- Does the school have the program you are interested in?
- If the career you wish to prepare for has a required certification exam, what does the pass rate look like?
- How much does the program cost?
- Does the school take FAFSA? And if not, what types of scholarships and financial aid are available to help cover the costs?
- Will you make enough money in the field to pay back any loans you take?
- When is the program you are interested in offered? What does the class schedule look like?
- How many graduates are hired in their fields after completing the program?
- What does the future of that particular career look like? Is the industry growing, shrinking, or staying the same?
- If you are hoping to transfer to a 4-year university after completing your 2-year degree - what does support look like to help make sure you are ready to transfer successfully?
- Are there prerequisite classes you need to take before officially starting your program?
- Example - if interested in nursing, are there classes you need to take before you can actually apply for/start the nursing program?
Valencia College, Valencia Accelerated Skills Training (AST), and Osceola Technical College are great places to start when considering an education at a 2-year or trade/technical school! Meet with your College and Career Counselor to learn more.