How To Pay For College
I love it when students tell me they don't want fiancial aid.
Really, you don't want money to go to college?
First, the term "Financial Aid" is an umbrella term - IT DOES NOT MEAN JUST LOANS.
Financial Aid is the term used to encompass the 3 main types of funding for post-secondary education:
Moral of the story? You want Financial Aid. Period.
9TH, 10TH, & 11TH GRADE STUDENTS AND FAMILIES:
1. Raise.me - https://www.raise.me
Scholarships meets social media. It is free, and you can start earn scholarship money NOW!!!
2. FAFSA4Caster - https://fafsa.ed.gov/FAFSA/app/f4cForm?execution=e1s1
FAFSA4caster will help you understand your options for paying for college. Get an estimate of your eligibility for federal student aid.
SENIORS and their FAMILIES:
Step 1: You complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- P.S. If you ever have to pay for the FAFSA, you are getting scammed. Remember, the first F in FAFSA stands for FREE!
- P.S.S - Nearly every scholarship will require you to have a FAFSA on file
- P.S.S.S. - If you qualify for Free/Reduced Lunch, you will likely qualify for the Pell Grant, which can pay up to nearly $6,000
- The FAFSA is an application. Upon completion of the FAFSA you may or may not qualify for grants, scholarships, or loans.
- In some cases students qualify for all 3.
- Whatever you qualify for, it is YOUR CHOICE to accept that offer.
- If you qualify for a loan, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO TAKE THE LOAN!The FAFSA application opens OCTOBER 1
- EVERY SENIOR/GRADUATING STUDENT needs to complete the FAFSA by DECEMBER 1 but it can be completed after December if necessary.
Students will need the following information to complete the FAFSA:
1. You and your parent(s) social security numbers.
If you or your parent is an undocumented citizen - see your College & Career Counselor for help.
2. You and your parents' birth dates
3. If your parents are married or divorced, you need to know the date they were married/divorced
4. The first 2 pages of your and/or your parents’ tax return paperwork
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE FAFSA WEBPAGE: FAFSA
FINANCIAL AID INFORMATION:
Learn the Financial Aid Lingo:
Financial Aid & Undocumented Students:
Scholarship List - The Education Foundation:
Florida Bright Futures:
FAFSA SPECIFIC INFORMATION: