Hours of Operations:
Monday 7:15am- 4:00pm
Tuesday 7:15am- 4:00pm
Wednesday 7:15am- 4:15pm
Thursday 7:15am- 4:00pm
Friday 7:15am- 3:30pm
Shelia Tate, MLIS - Media Specialist/Librarian
Welcome to the beautiful media center of Liberty High school. We firmly believe that our Media Center is the “Center for Learning” here at LHS. We not only have an ever-expanding collection of book resources for our students to use, but we also have an excellent collection of online databases that are provided by Osceola County, the state and Liberty High School.
The Media Center is no longer just a center for learning, but also a center for exploration. Liberty now has Makerspace where students can gather to collaborate by sharing ideas, equipment, knowledge. Our Makerspace includes materials that allow students to create and problem solve with little teacher guidance. In addition, we also have puzzles, games, and adult coloring pages for students who want to give their mind a break!
The Media Center has one computer lab available to students and classes during the day with a total of 10 computers. There is also a classroom space available for teachers to meet with their classes before allowing students to access the resources of the Media Center
- Students are provided with Active Directory login account that allows him/her to have access to personal storage space on the server.
- A workroom is available for students to use die-cuts, paper cutters and space to create signs, posters or displays whenever it is not being used by teachers.
- Interlibrary loans are conducted when materials are not available from LBHS’s collection.
- Each student has his/her own login on Destiny in order to keep track of library materials and textbooks he or she has checked out.
- Several databases are available on ClassLink and the Destiny homepage to assist students in doing research.