HOW TO APPLY
Choosing a high school is a big decision, but we're thrilled you're considering NeoCity Academy. Here's how to submit your application for admission to NeoCity Academy.
Please Note: For the 2023-24 school year, Algebra 1 is required for admission.
APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2023-24 SCHOOL YEAR ARE NOW CLOSED. PLEASE CONTACT THE CHOICE OFFICE FOR MORE INFO AT 407-870-4847.
(Steps 1-3 may be completed in any order.)
1. Come and check us out. (optional) Spending time on the NeoCity Academy campus and meeting our community of students and staff is the best way to see us in action. You can check out our Campus Preview Night or schedule a shadow visit if you're in 8th grade.
2. Submit school records. Student records (download the student records release form) are required for students not-enrolled in SDOC public school. School records from the past two years, as well as standardized test results from the past two years are preferred, if available.
3. Submit your letter of recommendation. A letter of recommendation is required.
4. Submit your application and supporting documents. Families may apply online to NeoCity Academy.
Our application deadlines for 2023-24 are as follows:
- Early Admission Deadline - December 7, 2022
- Regular Admission Deadline - January 20, 2023
Important Note: all applicants will be invited for a Skills Inventory assessment and Collaborative Team Activity. Information will be emailed once the application has been submitted. See What Should I Expect? section below for additional information.
After the application deadlines, NeoCity Academy continues to review applications on a rolling basis until enrollment is full. We encourage students to submit the application for admission as soon as possible for best consideration.
5. Check the mail. Admission decisions are mailed on January 16 and February 3, 2023.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT?
The NeoCity Academy Skills Inventory is a 60-minute assessment that assesses prospective students' reading, writing, and mathematics skills. Questions include multiple choice questions as well as open-ended response questions. This exam will be given on a computer; please bring your District issued laptop for the exam. If you do not have a laptop, we will provide one. Students who have a current 504 or IEP with test accommodations should contact our Admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Collaborative Team Activity is an opportunity for prospective students to participate in an activity that replicates common approaches to learning at NeoCity. This not only allows us to get to know your student, but for your student to see out inquiry-based approach. These sessions are 60-minutes and will be held in small groups.
Both activities are held on the same night. An email is sent to schedule once your Choice application is received.