Attendance & Discipline
Our Student Services Department oversees student attendance and discipline at Poinciana High School. Student attendance and behavior are two predictors in how well a student will perform in their high school career.
If you would like to excuse your child from school, please send a note to: PNHSAttendance@osceolaschools.net
Gretchen Diaz Rosario, Attendance Clerk
School Extension: 83200
Students are expected to be on campus every day for the entire school day. School hours from from 7:20 AM - 2:20 PM (1:20 PM Wednesdays).
Poinciana High School New Morning Attendance Policy Guidelines
Below are the new attendance policies that will be in place for the remainder of the year.
- Students will be given 6 free tardies to school each quarter
- Consequences will begin in HERO on the 7th tardy
- Excused tardies will only be allowed with medical notes
- Phone messages or letters will NOT be accepted
Thank you for your cooperation with this new policy.
According to the School District of Osceola County Student Code of Conduct, absences shall be excused for the following reasons only:
- Illness of injury of the student
- Illness, injury, or death of the immediate family of the student
- Only 10 excused absences are allowed for the year.
* The documentation for an excused absence must be received by the school within 10 days of the absence for validation purposes.*
Students have the responsibility to request makeup work and assignments from their teachers when they return to school after and absence. The makeup work must be made up within two days for every day absent when the absence has been classified as excused.
Students will be afforded an opportunity to make up missed work without adverse affects when absent because of a religious holiday. Within five school days prior to an expected absence for religious reasons, a parent or guardian must notify the Attendance Office in writing and request that the student be excused from attendance.
Poinciana High School implements a progressive discipline plan that follows the policies and guidelines set forth by the School District of Osceola County Student Code of Conduct.
Student Services Staff
Sara Martinez-Labarba, Dean of Students
Serving Students Last Name: A-F
Leroy Smith, Dean of Students
Serving Students Last Name: G-L
Yanet Gutierrez, Dean of Students
Serving Students Last Name: M-S
Roydrick Scott, Lead Dean of Students
Serving Students Last Name: T-Z