Advanced Placement Program
Students will see the benefits of taking an AP class right away. In AP classes, just like in college, you will face new challenges and learn new skills in the subjects you care about. All with the support of your classmates and teachers. Learn more about the College Board AP Program here...
AP Capstone Diploma
Poinciana High School is one of a select group of high schools approved to offer AP coursework that leads to the AP Capstone Diploma.
The AP Capstone is a College Board program that equips students with the independent research, collaborative teamwork, and communication skills that are increasingly valued by colleges. It cultivates curious, independent, and collaborative scholars and prepares them to make logical, evidence-based decisions.
AP Capstone students must be accepted and enrolled in the Poinciana High School Ascend Program, which is only open to incoming ninth graders*.
(* incoming 10th graders as well in the 2017-18 school year only)
Learn more about the College Board AP Capstone Program here...
AP Course Offerings
Poinciana High School offers a wide variety of AP courses in different content areas.
- AP Biology
- AP Calculus AB
- AP Chemistry
- AP Comparative Government and Politics **
- AP Computer Science Principles **
- AP English Language and Composition
- AP English Literature and Composition
- AP Environmental Science **
- AP Human Geography **
- AP Music Theory
- AP Physics 1: Algebra-Based
- AP Psychology
- AP Research *
- AP Seminar *
- AP Spanish Language and Culture
- AP Spanish Literature and Culture **
- AP Statistics
- AP Studio Art: 2-D Design
- AP Studio Art: Drawing
- AP United States Government and Politics
- AP United States History
- AP World History
* Part of the AP Capstone Program only
** New Course for the 2017-18 School Year