• image of relief supplies


Local Governments

  • Osceola School District

  • Osceola County

  • City of St. Cloud

  • City of Kissimmee

  • Transitional Sheltering Assistance

    Representative Darren Soto has announced that Osceola County residents are eligible for Transitional Sheltering Assistance (TSA).  This means FEMA will begin directly paying hotel and motel costs to house local survivors of Hurricane Ian. 
    Individuals can apply at https://www.disasterassistance.gov/

    FEMA Assistance

    A Disaster Recovery Center is open at the Hart Memorial Central Library in Kissimee for those who need to seek assistance from FEMA to cover repairs for home and property.  

    Individuals and households in Osceola can apply for FEMA Individual Assistance, which may include temporary housing assistance, basic home repairs and certain other uninsured disaster-related needs. Survivors can apply for disaster assistance at disasterassistance.gov, by calling 800-621-3362 from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. Eastern Time, or by using the FEMA mobile app.

    Spanish FlyerPortuguese FlyerCreole FlyerVietnamese Flyer Chinese Flyer

    Community Hope Center 

    Information regarding food pantries, clothing donations, mental health support, medical clinics
    Call: 321.677.0245
    Location: 2198 4 Winds Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34746

    Nutrition/Food Assistance

    Through the Building Strong Families program, which is administered by the Osceola Council on Aging, eligible participants may receive a variety of assistance, to include nutrition/food assistance. Call the Osceola Council on Aging at 407-846-8532.

    Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida also offers a service to locate the nearest food bank. For information visit, www.feedhopenow.org.

    The Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (D-SNAP) gives food assistance to low-income households with food loss or damage caused by a natural disaster. To qualify, you cannot currently be receiving SNAP benefits. Pre-registration opens for Osceola County on October 24th - October 30th at MyFLFamilies.com/Dsnap or MyFLFamilies/HurricaneIan.

    If you currently have SNAP benefits and experienced a loss of food due to the hurricane, you can apply for food replacement on MyFLFamilies. You have until October 17th to report the loss. 

    Information on pantries, employment resources, transportation resources and health can be found at FindHelp.org

    Learn more at disasterassistance.gov

  • Heart of United Way

    Heart of Florida United Way Opens Applications for Emergency Supplies Assistance for Central Floridians Impacted by Hurricane Ian 

    Orange, Seminole & Osceola Residents Can Apply for One-Time Support of $300 in Wal-Mart E-Gift Cards for Food & Emergency Supplies 

    In response to the effects of Hurricane Ian on Central Florida residents, Heart of Florida United Way (HFUW) has opened the application for one-time assistance for food & emergency supplies. The online application can be completed at www.HFUW.org/HurricaneIan. Applicants must be over the age of 18, residents of Orange, Seminole or Osceola counties, and must attest they were adversely impacted by Hurricane Ian. Impacts include loss of income due to work closures, loss of food, or damage to property. Only one application per household can be submitted for the assistance which will come in the form of a Wal-Mart e-gift card in the amount of $300.


    This a free service provided by United Way that connects area residents to critical health and social service resources when they need help. From help with a household bill, food assistance, or counseling for suicide prevention, calling United Way's 2-1-1 help line is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You may contact 2-1-1 (352-332-4636) during a crisis for help with:

    • Emergency Shelters
    • Food Distribution Centers
    • Shelter & Federal Assistance
    • Grief Counseling
    • Portable Water, Ice, Food, etc.
    • Elder Services
    • Youth & Child Care Issues
    • Emergency Financial Assistance, and many more

    Medical Care

    Impacted families without insurance can receive medical care through Florida Department of Health in Osceola, please call (407) 343-2000. 

    Osceola Community Health Services at Stadium Place at OsceolaHealthCare.org

    Families can also apply for Medicaid at MyFlorida.com

    For 24/7 Crisis Hotline "home" to 741741.