FHSAA GPA Requirements
Osceola School District offers a wide variety of athletic opportunities. A student shall be eligible during the first semester of their ninth-grade year provided that it is the student’s first entry in the ninth grade and they were regularly promoted from the eighth grade the immediate preceding year. After the first semester, all eligibility rules will apply. In order for a student to be eligible to participate in athletics, they must: Florida High School Athletic Association Logo
1.) Be a registered student carrying a full credit load,
2.) Maintain an overall 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 unweighted scale
3.) Must not turn 19 before July 1
4.) May not be enrolled for more then 8 semesters
5.) Have passed a pre-participation physical each year.
See full list below:
Attention Student and Parent(s)/Guardian(s)
Your school is a member of the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) and follows established rules. To be eligible to represent your school in interscholastic athletics, in an FHSAA recognized and/or sanctioned sport, the student:
- Must complete an EL3 for each school at which the student participates; this form is non-transferable.
- Must display good sportsmanship and follow the rules of competition before, during, and after every contest in which the student participates. If not, the student may be suspended from participation for a period of time. (FHSAA Bylaw 7.1)
- Must not provide false information to his/her school or to the FHSAA to gain eligibility. (FHSAA Bylaw 126.96.36.199)
- Must be regularly enrolled in and in regular attendance at your school. If the student is a home education student, a charter school student, an alternative/special school student, a non-member private school student, or a Florida Virtual School Full-Time Public Program student, the student must declare in writing his/her intent to participate in athletics to the school at the student is permitted to participate. Home Education students and students attending a non-member private school must complete additional paperwork prior to participating. (FHSAA Bylaw 9.2, FHSAA Policy 16.6, and Administrative Procedure 1.8)
- Must attend school within the first ten (10) days of the beginning of each semester to be eligible during that semester. (FHSAA
- Must maintain at least a cumulative 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale (unweighted) prior to the semester in which the student wishes to participate. This GPA must include all courses taken since the student entered 9th grade. A 6th, 7th, or 8th grade student must have earned at least a 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale (unweighted) during the previous semester. (FHSAA Bylaw 9.4.1 and F.S. 1006.15(3)a)
- Must not have graduated from any high school or its equivalent. (FHSAA Bylaw 9.4.7)
- Must not have enrolled in the 9th grade for the first time more than eight consecutive semesters ago. A 6th, 7th, or 8th grade student may not participate at any level if the student is repeating that grade level. (FHSAA Bylaw 9.5)
- Must not turn 19 before July 1st to participate at the high school level; must not turn 16 before July 1st to participate at the junior high school level; and must not turn 15 before July 1st to participate at the middle school level, otherwise the student becomes permanently ineligible. (FHSAA Bylaw 9.6)
- Must undergo a preparticipation physical evaluation and be certified as being physically fit for participation in interscholastic athletics on a form (EL2) provided to the school. (FHSAA Bylaw 9.7 and F.S. 1002.20(17)b)
- Must have signed permission to participate from the student’s parent(s)/guardian(s) on a form (EL3) provided to the school.
(FHSAA Bylaw 9.8)
- Must be an amateur. This means the student must not accept money, gifts, or donations for participating in a sport, or use a name other than his/her own when participating. (FHSAA Bylaw 9.9)
- Must not participate in an all-star contest in a sport prior to exhausting his/her high school eligibility in that sport. (FHSAA Policy 26)
- Youth Exchange, Other International, and Immigrant students must be approved by the FHSAA Office prior to participation. Exceptions may apply. (FHSAA Policy 17)
- Must refrain from hazing/bullying while a member of an athletic team or while participating in any athletic activities sponsored by or affiliated with a member school.