Make a difference in a child's life
The School District of Osceola County is working to fill multiple positions. Right now, we are in dire need of bus drivers and are also looking for two diesel mechanics.
To apply to be a bus driver, you do not need your CDL. The district will provide you with the proper training. Before you start driving training, you must go to your county tag office and ask to take the test to get your CDL permit. You must also ask to get the P and S endorsements, the DOT required physical, and your complete driver record. Once you've accomplished this, you can start.
If you're interested and want to know more, click here to apply or give us a call at 407-518-4540.
The Benefits of working for us!
Once you are hired as a bus driver or attendant for the Osceola School District, multiple benefits are available for you.
- Flexible schedules
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental and Vision
- Flexible Spending Account and the district will match up to a certain amount of money.
- Enrollment in the state's retirement plan.
- Life Insurance
- Guaranteed 6 hours of work:
- Drivers and attendants are 9-month employees. They can choose to receive 20 paychecks, which is 9 months of pay. They will not receive checks during the summer break.
- OR they can decide to receive 24 paychecks, which means they will receive paychecks through the summer break.
- Drivers can pick up overtime through field trips, sporting events, picking an extra route, etc.
- A driver can earn more money if they maintain perfect attendance.
- Drivers and Attendants can earn up to 9 sick days throughout the school year.
- Each employee must work 75% of a month to earn 1 sick day. This is only applies to the 9 month school year. They will NOT accrue sick time over the summer.
- Drivers and attendants will get weekends and holidays off.
- They will also have summers off but can choose to work depending on the needs of the summer break.
- We prefer you to have your GED or High School Diploma but it is not required.
- BUS DRIVERS ONLY: Valid Florida Driver's License (minimum 5 years driving)
- Must be 21 years or older