NATIONAL SCHOOL BUS DRIVER APPRECIATION DAY
KISSIMMEE, FL -- Transportation Services will be celebrating National School Bus Driver Appreciation Day to honor our drivers and attendants who work hard every day to make a difference to the students at the School District of Osceola County, Florida.
This year, we will be celebrating on April 25, 2023.
The drivers and attendants of Transportation Services work early and late hours every day to make sure the students get to and from school safely. Drivers and attendants are the first people the students see in the morning and the last ones they see before they go home for the evening.
Being a bus driver or attendant requires a person to be patient, able to adapt to any situation that arises, understanding that every student has different needs and requirements as well as the ability to navigate heavy traffic throughout the day.
We are encouraging our parents, community members and schools to celebrate with us this year!
Ways you can show your appreciation for our drivers:
- Hand out treats or little knick knacks to our drivers as they come in for drop off and pick up!
- Have your students fill out some of our worksheets, showing their appreciation for their driver or attendant!
- Hold up signs as the drivers leave for the afternoon, cheering them on as they take the kids home!
- You can also do this in the morning when the students are being picked up!
- Simply hand out thank you cards!
If you plan on participating, take some pictures and send them to Transportation Services on Facebook! Click here to head over to our Facebook page!