Xello Student Career Resources
Xello has a variety assessments and tools to help students with career exploration. Students can log in to Xello to explore the suite of assessments and all of the tools that are designed to help students choose their future path. On your Xello homepage under the 'About Me' section you will find all of the Xello Career Assessments.
Career and Technical Education (CTE)
Why CTE? Graduate College and Career Ready!
Internships: *opportunities to come*
Industry Certifications: Gold Standard Career Pathways, the SBE-approved Statewide CTE Articulation Agreements are based on industry certifications. These agreements are intended to be a minimum guarantee of articulated credit and do not preclude institutions from granting additional credit based on local agreements. Additional information can be found at http://www.fldoe.org/academics/career-adult-edu/career-technical-edu-agreements/industry-certification.stml
Osceola Technical College Career Pathway Dual Enrollment: Students can enroll in Osceola Technical College coursework if they meet the following criteria. Students can see their school counselor for more information on Career Pathway Dual Enrollment at Osceola Technical College:
- Minimum 2.0 unweighted GPA
- Student meets minimum graduation requirements at time of application
- Student has successfully demonstrated mastery on the FSA exam during their 10th grade year or has produced an appropriate concordant score on the SAT or ACT exam or has an official FSA waiver from their home school
- Student must have minimal attendance issues (i.e. tardiness, absences, skipping class)
- No level 3 referrals or higher within previous 6 months
- History of satisfactory academic progress þ TABE test required within the first 6 weeks of start date (to be taken at oTECH)
The U.S. Military branches offer another option for students after high school graduation. The Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) is the required entrance test to enlist in the U.S. Military. For more information on the ASVAB, please visit http://www.military.com/ASVAB .
Visit the websites below for more information related to entrance requirements:
- United States Air Force http://www.airforce.com
- United States Army http://www.goarmy.com
- United States Coast Guard http://www.uscg.mil
- United States Marine Corps http://www.marines.com
- United States Navy http://www.navy.com
Joining one of the branches of the armed services is attractive to many students. They offer many training programs, various educational and retirement benefits. · Take the ASVAB. (This test is administered at your high school) Compare different branches.
Junior Achievement (JA)
Since inception, Junior Achievement has been committed to "experiential learning". Taking it to the next level, Junior Achievement of Central Florida is proud of JA Inspire, which and JA Finance Park. These dramatic programs significantly transform how every local student is taught to view the world of work, free enterprise and their possibilities for success in it. JA Inspire allows our 8th grade students to explore many different careers by attending a Career Fair. JA Finance Park provides opportunities for our high school students to learn financial literacy.
College, Career, & Life Readiness
817 Bill Beck Blvd
Kissimmee, FL 34744
Phone: 407-870-4600 x65268
Coordinator of College & Career Services
Career, Technical, Adult, and Community Education