How to File a Disability Claim
Lincoln Financial Group - EFFECTIVE 10/1/2017
For those employees that have elected to purchase disability insurance either through payroll deduction or through his/her Opt-Out Credit and need to file a claim, our new carrier, Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) offers telephonic claim reporting.
When to report a claim
• We suggest you call no more than 30 days in advance of a planned medical absence, such as:
--A pre-scheduled surgery
--An expected maternity leave
• If your health care provider has determined you are unable to work because of an illness or injury or for maternity reasons.
How to report a claim
1. Notify your manager or supervisor and Risk and Benefits Management of your absence from work.
2. Review your health care coverage. (If LFG is your health care carrier, we will ask for your consent to cross-reference medical and disability claim information. This will provide a more efficient claim experience. Note: Lincoln Financial Group is not SDOC's carrier.)
3. File your claim by calling the toll-free number below.
4. Once you have created a claim, we will send you a claim packet that contains an authorization form. Fill out the authorization form and fax it to us at the number below.
5. Forward a copy of the completed authorization form to your health care provider.
Conversion and Portability - New for those Terminating Employment
You have 30 days from separation to port or convert your short or long term disability policy.
3001Cf.pdf LFG Long Term Disability Port/Convert Form
GLA-03727f.pdf LFG Short Term Disability Port/Convert Form
The Lincoln Financial Group
P.O. Box 2609
Omaha, NE 68103-2609
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. ET to 8 p.m. ET
For Telephonic Claims, download OSCEOLACTY- STD One Call Claims Brochure.pdf